1. It was a lovely Christmas this year and all of us had a nice time at mass and afterward ... Shilpa and Sheila came with my family for the midnight mass and though most of us slept through most of the mass, it was quite a nice thing! The gathering after was fun and the 'Kuswar' tasted very nice ... the wine rocked and all in all we had a blast! I should mention the crib that was made there .... was a total riot!! most creative mix of tradition and modernity!! with a live hamster and a toy train and a ping pong ball balanced by only a fountain of water from the ground ... It just rocked!!!
Disclaimer: There are no pics of Geeth here because he left early coz he had to play the guitar at another church and joined us only much later ...
Dad shining through with his new shirt! Shilpa, Shwetha and I went shopping for shirts for Geeth and Dad. Finally Shilpa and Shwetha picked this shirt and it was worth it! He looked like a total rock star in it!
Sheila trying to 'study' before going for mass' ... that was her excuse in the beginning for not coming ... she wanted to study! so Shilpa convinced her to get her books along and study while at my place. What you don't see in these snaps is the trays of 'kuswar' and lime tea and chocolates on the bed which she was munching on!
Mom decked up and posing by the crib she made! She just loves making the crib and the tree etc .. and this time round, I will ahve to shamefully admit that she did it all by herself! :( ... I swear I will make it in time and help out next time round!
My granny 'Mai' all set to rock and roll :) ... My granny loves these festivals and she is deeply traditional and is an absolute sweetheart!
The crib we made at home ... The pink seems to be Shilpa's influence spreading far and wide :)
Shilpa all set to leave ... she looked stunning :) ... (did I hear a lucky me somewhere?!)
The crib at church ... This is a picture of the main section of the Crib ... the actual crib I mean.. There was an entire town built around this crib!
The train I was talking about :)
The capuchins have established themselves in many parts of the world and in almost all parts of India .. this is a pic of Shilpa showing her roots on a map of India!
The altar in 'Sacchidananda', the church we have been regulars at for the past 7 years or so ... the roses in the front you see that are in the vase ... are my mom's contribution .. she woke up early in the morning and went to KR Market and bought these gazillion roses for very little amount and used them for decorating the altar!
Everyone is ready for the mass to begin... My mom is shouting at me in the background to stop taking pics in church!
Sheila 'praying' just before the mass started ... a little after the mass started, she assumed many more 'prayerful' poses :P ... and sounds I should say ;) !!
After mass, it was a 'party' with a LOT of homemade wine ... this is taken after the entire congregation has helped themselves to the wine and then some more ;)!
Shilpa stands in line for Kuswar ... well .. lets just say ... when she finished her first parse through the stack ... the buffers were overloaded :P
This one is for the 'cliche' category ... but is such a lowely picture no?!
2. RadioVeRVe put out Christmas songs that Atul and I had started producing as part of the Christmas wishes to all listeners. So If you've been away for a long time ... its about time you got back there. These songs were recorded by The Cruz Project a long time ago ... and the project due to a variety of reasons just wound to a grinding halt and has stayed that way for over a year now. This is an effort to get back the momentum and get your opinion on what you think of it ... so feel free to respond here or on the Cruz band page ...
3. Music is becoming a very very integral part of my life now ... more so than ever before .. and you will hear details soon :)
4. We miss Shwetha!!! A LOT!!!
5. For the first time in my life today ... I actually saw someone use all their 7 letters for one turn during scrabble!! I did help a bit .. but its something that is just so amazing!! the little things :) ... and Shilpa you rock!!!!
6. The bass guitar is the best thing ever ... I used it quite extensively and have lots of things lined up with it ... more as they unfurl ... till then .. you just have to take my word for it :P
7. The day ended on a downer with one of Shilpa's good friends from Mangalore passing away in a bike accident ... Laurel Lasrado ... May your soul rest in peace ...
There is a lot more to write ... and I will as I remember ... but for now ... Merry Christmas!!